It is a wrong notion that plants can only fully grown in land and not pots. Well, there is a certain element of truth in it, but in areas where water scarcity limits your creative gardening ambition, pots could be the ideal choice. Terracotta pots in Melbourne are quite popular and many people use it and decorate their landscape in amazing ways. Fiber glass and plastic pots are also common with hobbyists, but terracotta holds the imaginations of gardeners.
Benefits of terracotta pots in gardens
First of all you need to create water tanks in Melbourne to sustain in 3-4 months of rainless and scorching summers. In summers plants demand lots more water than spring or winter, plus you plant fruit trees, it demands at least 4-5 liters of water every day. Some people like to grow big trees along with variety of plants. In such drought like situation, it is better to rely on terracotta pots where you can grow your favourite plants, and if required you can plant it in the land in future.
- Terracotta pots are healthy than plastic or fiber glass. Since it is made of clay, it can easily blend with the essential nutrients of the soil.
- Terracotta pots are porous that create a breathable space for plants and roots. It is studied that plants grow well in terracotta plants than plastic or fiberglass.
- Terracotta pots have this tremendous capacity to wicking of moisture excess moisture from the soil. So, you need to pour water less and in a way conserve water.
- You can decorate your terracotta pots by different ways. If you have bought garden statues in Melbourne, you can place evenly shaped flowering terracotta pots around it and clearly demarcate the place.
- During temperature changes, terracotta pots are greater advantages than plastic pots. Dark coloured plastic absorbs heat in summers and heat up easily.